We are seeking to extend our team of Volunteer Cooks to prepare meals and be responsible for Kitchen Assistant Volunteers. A number of cooks will be appointed to cover our opening hours and different locations. A team approach and flexible attitude is therefore needed.
- Cook nutritious meals from donated items as well as with purposely bought produce.
- Serve lunches as required and be prepared to store, freeze or give out any surplus meals safely.
- Respect and cater for the diversity of dietary needs and cultural preferences.
- Understand allergens and manage the requirements of Service Users with allergies.
- Daily checks for freezer, fridge temperature, and recording in the relevant records.
- Manage freezer stock rotation and storage.
- Leave the kitchen clean, tidy and meeting health and safety requirements.