Join us as we embark on our 4th year of operating delivering a comprehensive range of Day Services for homeless, vulnerable and unemployed people in our Community. Another exciting year is ahead as we also open our 1st Emergency Accommodation Project in partnership with Surrey Heath Borough Council.
• Responsible for accurately recording all bookkeeping entries on our Accounting system (Quickbooks).
• Claiming Gift Aid for all donations where applicable and following up as necessary.
• Capturing and collating data on restricted grants to provide accurate and timely reporting for all Trust/Grant Funders as required. This aspect will be working with Chief Executive/Project Officer as relevant.
• Process initial invoices for e-sign off by CEO and a Trustee for day services and the emergency accommodation service.
• Responsible for preparing cash flow and monitoring of costs to deliver our new Emergency Accommodation Project. This may involve interaction with SHBC Income and Housing Benefit (HB) team.
o Ensure collection of housing benefit is made accurately and in time for guests staying at the Emergency Accommodation Project and reporting on same.
o Work with Client Services day and night services team as required to assist in the swift HB recovery.
• Pro actively work with Chief Executive and Treasurer for accurate reporting at year end and assist in the production of the Annual Accounts.
• Assist in the accurate production of other reports in accordance with Chief Executive/Treasurer/ Funders needs.
Days and Hours of Work:
• Some flexibility, but expected to be circa 15 hours per week half of which is expected to be worked from The Hope Hub in Camberley and remainder from your home-office but meeting with Chief Executive and staff team/SHBC Officers as required. You will be provided with a laptop computer, email and access to the necessary information.
• Hourly rate will depend on your experience/ability but expected to be in the region of £15-17 per hour.
• Able to work well independently and confidentially as well as interacting with other members of the Charity/Surrey Heath Borough Council on a regular basis.
• Reliable and committed to cause and ethos of the charity.
• Experienced with bookkeeping and reporting in Quickbooks/other reputable accounting package.
• Experienced and competent with Microsoft Excel and Office generally.
• Ability to understand and be able to prepare monthly, quarterly and/or Annual Accounts.
• You will be guided through the key policies and procedures and asked to sign your agreement to follow them including a confidentiality agreement.
• We will ask you to process a DBS check as you will be accessing confidential and sensitive information.
• Parking in Camberley will be provided.
• You will meet with the Chief Executive and / or Treasurer on a regular basis.
• The role will be on a probationary period of 3 months initially after which you will be given access to initially process payments.
About The Hope Hub
The Hope Hub (THH) is a registered charity constituted by the ecumenical members of ChurchesTogether in Camberley and is a faith-based charity. The Hope Hub was formed in December 2017 in response to a defined need to serve those who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, in financial hardship, unemployed and/or suffering with mental health difficulties and/or addiction(s).
We work in partnership with Surrey Heath Borough Council and all other statutory and local organisations.
We are a busy, vibrant charity and welcome your expertise if you share the passion to work to prevent and help end homelessness in Surrey Heath and surrounding areas.
If you are interested in applying for this role, complete the application form below and email it expressing your interest to our CEO, email@example.com.
If you have any specific questions about this post, feel free to call on 07783 430092